Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHould we supplicate to God?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matinbhagat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: SHould we supplicate to God? Reply with quote

If we dua to God, i understand that the angels descending on us with comfort refers to the psychological effect of verbalizing our wishes.Also verbalization of wishes in a group leads to expression and action.However, is it the mere psychological stimuli that verbal expression provides, the only reason for dua?God says: And if My servants ask you about Me, I am near answering the calls of those who call to Me. So let them respond to Me and believe in Me that they may be guided. So what effect does this asking?benediction or dua have?Like zakariyah asking for a child, what does asking do?Could someone pls clarify this point for me,thank you brothers and sisters in islam.

Salam
Ahmed Mateen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W/salam brother,

Please read this thread, hope it answers your questions.

http://ourbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=121
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> Q&A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: