Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

amruhum shura baynahum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tammyswofford

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: amruhum shura baynahum Reply with quote

Respected Forum Members:

Regarding the phrase in the topic line: Is it adequate conceptually as to the role of a Shura council in a local masjid? As such, does the council function in a micro-administrative role to the greater Islamic governance? Does this fall under ijma?

Thank you,

Tammy Swofford
Drcheema

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Shura and Islamic state Reply with quote

Dear Tammy
Here is a link where you can find the detailed answer to your question. I would ,rather, recommend to read the whole book for a better understanding of an Islamic State based on Quran and different aspects of her functioning and the role of an individual.

http://www.tolueislam.com/Parwez/QL/QL.htm

Its an urdu books of Allamah G A Parwaiz , translated into English By Respected Dr Abdul Wadud Marhoom

Its a great book,
Regards
tammyswofford

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Cheema,
Writings of G. A. Parwaiz are definitely worth my time. I will put it "in line" as I always have a stack of books awaiting me which I tackle in a disciplined order. My next book on the reading list will be "Tehran Rising: Iran's Challenge to the United States" by Ilan Berman, sent to me by a friend who has much knowledge regarding the Middle East. It is fairly new and most likely a timely topic for consideraton.

Respectfully,

Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> Q&A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: