Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress on QXP3 and what needs to be done
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Our Beacon Group

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Progress on QXP3 and what needs to be done Reply with quote

Salaam Aleikum all viewers!

Our Beacon is glad to inform you that the new QXP3 will be in print these upcoming months inshAllah!

It will be in:
-Hardcopy with Arabic text next to the English

-Papercopy with Arabic text next to the English

-And most beautifull of all: there will be also a Pocketversion!

It will be also avaible on Cd-Rom, with easy search functions and more. Our dear Doctor is also very busy with the other projects as the Quote Book and QXP3 on Audio recordings.

QXP3 will only be printed when all QXP1's are sold out so there will be enough funds.

And so here is my question to you:

We all know Ourbeacon is not a foundation or organisation. It is a group of people who voluntarily work together to create the Deen. We don't want any fund-raising.

All you need to do is buy a copy of QXP1 and for example give it away to persons who will benefit from it. You can buy a couple of copies and give them to a local jail or Church or Mosque. Of course you can also keep it yourself, and use it as reference to see the progress of QXP1 to QXP3.

This is the only help we need. How faster the QXP1 supply is sold out, the faster QXP3 is in print. There are not much QXP1's left. So we hope to start printing in 3 months. But to speed up the progress, we ask your help.

Many people will think, 'Ill wait for QXP3 to come out, why buy QXP1?'. This is understandable, and this is why we ask, buy QXP1 and give it away to people who don't have access to it or wouldn't buy it themselves. Because people who are not acquinted with the QXP project can benefit already so much from the first version of QXP.

We are not a commercial organisation or trying to 'sell' our product. People know the sincerity put into this project, and so we ask you only for a small support.

Thank you for your attention and your help.

Our Beacon Group
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear betay Taseer and AY, Salamun alaikum!

You wil be happy to know the hereunder:

1- QXPiii is now print ready. June 2007 is the expected print time. Hard cover, soft cover, pocket size are under consideration, all with the Arabic text.
2 - QXPiii audio CD (English) is currently under production.
3. I am also getting a feature-loaded CD done on QXPiii.
4- The Qur'an Quote book is expected to come out printed in April or May 2007.
5- The Qur'anic Du'a book will be print ready as soon as our dear AY is done with it.
6- The expanded 7th edition of ISLAM AS I UNDERSTAND is coming out in 3 weeks.
7. The 6th edition of ISLAM FOR THE JUNIOR is coming out in two weeks.

In-Sha-Allah.

All these products are in great demand outside of our forum. Strange, isn't it?

Smile

Al-HamdulillahiRabbil'Aalameen, the Almighty has provided me with sufficient funds for these projects.

I am not announcing all this to public since the time frame may vary by a couple of months on these works.

Any ideas, dear beta! or from Our Beacon Committee.

May Allah shower His bounties on the nicest youngsters I know!

- Affectionate uncle Shabbir
Drcheema

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: QXP III Reply with quote

salamun alaikum
Respected Dr Sahib
I am so excited to know about the progress of our mission.
I am trying to find someone who can help us with the QXPIII CD.
INshallah, soon we will get some help.
One more work for all of us.
There are approximately 300 ( correct me if i'm wrong) places in Quran where Rasool (S) is asked to tell people to do which are the real "ahadith". As i know Respected Chaudhry Latif sahib have worked on it sometime ago. We need to find those ayah and publish in the form of a book with the title :sahaih Ahadith or "Ahsan al Hadith".
I will put my share in this book.
Regards
Taseer
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear beta Taseer, AA

You have come up with a most beautiful idea as usual.

You benevolent youngsters have freed me from the forum. So, God-willing, I will do the recommended AHSAN-AL-HADITH before September 2007.

Sa'adna Ya Rabbana,
Innaka Samee'ud-du'a wa antal-Wahhab!
Ahmed Mateen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam

Alhamdulillah! Dear Uncle you have given us a new life. I am so excited to get pocket size QXP with arabic text. What about my Urdu QXP?
In the 'AHSAN-AL-HADITH' book we can also add all ayats about the companions of our Exalted Prophet(S).

Thanks!!! Smile
Mahmood Qasmi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Uncle,

This is indeed a splendid effort and I think we are already seeing such a profound impact of it.

best regards
Mahmood

--

Dear Ahmed,

I think we can start with the Parah-e A'mma for an Urdu translation. Some of the language can also be extracted from the translation done by allama Parvez (I haven't written an Urdu mazmoon in a decade so it will take a while to translate QXP from scratch Smile). I think this is something that can be done in Arabic and Urdu unicode so that it can be put online in text format (similar to "Text in Motion").

I had already thought about it but am still looking for a good Urdu/Arabic/Farsi unicode text editor. If you know of one, do tell.

regards,
Mahmood

Ahmed Mateen wrote:
Salaam

Alhamdulillah! Dear Uncle you have given us a new life. I am so excited to get pocket size QXP with arabic text. What about my Urdu QXP?
In the 'AHSAN-AL-HADITH' book we can also add all ayats about the companions of our Exalted Prophet(S).

Thanks!!! Smile

Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam Aleikum,

My dear Doctor, just as I mailed you, I cannot wait to put the QXP Pocketversion in my coat to carry with me all times. Also we need to make a good Index of the subjects in QXP over time to put in the back of QXP.

May Allah reward you dearly mu uncle for all your efforts to Al-Islam.

After I have finished the Dua book together with Mateen, we want to work on a Qul-book. Things the Quran says you must say in certain situations. Both will have an Index inshAllah.

More ideas will come in the future inshAllah!

All my Dua's and Love
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urdu QXP will be in the form of audio CD first - In-Sha-Allah!

Index for QXP in print noted Smile
sayyid-seydou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Quraish dialect Reply with quote

This indeed is a great news!
But i would also have loved that the meanings/definitions of Qur'an's words in the Quraish dialect be included in QXP3. Dear Dr.Shabbir, i'm in a urge to know your Quraish knowledge. Your Quran translation is REAL blessing to the world, but i would like to see Quran through my own eyes.
I even stopped to read any translations of the Qur'an in order to "forget" waht i read- it's been almost 2 months.
May Allah forgive me, but i'm really jealous of your arabic knowledge! If you still have some connections in Saudi Arabia i would like you to send you an email where people will be able to see the meanings of all the Quran's words (whether they be in english or arabic- but arabic would be better i think).
I can't wait to be able to read the Quran in arabic because it is the arabic which is THE QURAN not the translations.
I have started to learn arabic and if anyone can direct to sources which will help me in arabic studies, i will immensly appreciate. I want to know the SCIENCES of arabic like it's philogy, ethymology and the rest.
I pray to Allah that my efforst will bear results.

Salamou Aleykoum
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam Aleikum,

Dear Sayyid, at the bottom of the Forum, you will see QRLT, where you can find the online dictionary of Lane's. It will show the Quraish dialect. Also there are more Learning tools at that category.

Here is a small introduction on the difference between the Arabic and English definitions which is used in most Quran translations:

Keys to Translation

And the Doctor does explain the Original Arabic throughout his whole Translation, that is important to explain.

First you need to learn Standard Arabic, then study the Classic Arabic Dictionaries. But Arabic is not enough, you must also have a wide perspective on its message. Your approach determines your understanding.
sikandar khan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: urdu translation Reply with quote

Salaam

It is most important to have QXP available in urdu.Most ordinary people are not very much intersted in English but would readily read urdu.In addition if urdu translation of Dr sahebs various articles becomes available it would be very useful. All my friends appreciate when i translate the various aricles by Dr saheb and other regulars but i feel that written material in urdu will help them much more.Also it will be photo copied and distributed among our relatives and friends also.Kindly consider the suggestion.

regards.

Sikandar Khan.
Ahmad Ammar Azmi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Congratulations on QXP3! Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Shabbir Ahmed Sb.
AA!
Congratulations on QXP3!
Thanks!
Ahmad Ammar Azmi
Or
Ahmad Ammar
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam Aleikum,

I understand the Doctor's choice for using 'ancestors' as the context of the verse shows a bigger picture then just their fathers and brothers. But at the same time this verse is indeed very important to emphasize the fact Jesus had a father. But dear Ahmad, you must not forget that the Tasreef of Allah's Will and His Kalimat do also clearly not allow it. This verse would be only a small part inside the explanation of the proof that Jesus was bron naturally.

In the verse 6:88, the Arabic words "…. Wa min aaba ihim…" Wa means And, Min means From Aaba means Fathers Ihim means Among theirs. Together it means …. And from among their fathers….

I suggest Uncle that you should translate the word in both ways, one keeping in mind with the bigger picture of the Quran's Message, the other meaning keeping in mind how this verse gives extra proof against the virginbirth.

So it would look like this:

6:87 And We gave distinction to some of their ancestors, fathers, children, siblings and brothers and guided them to the Straight Path.
sayyid-seydou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Arabic Reply with quote

Dear Arnold,

I would like to know why i should first learn standard arabic instead of classicla arabic.
The language of the Quran is from classical arabic right? So why should i even learn standard arabic?

Salamou aleykoum,
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salaam aleikum,

Because you can study Standard Arabic at evening schools or simple courses. Classic Arabic can only be studied at Universities. Classic Arabic only differs in that it has more meanings, possibilities and different definitions of words. They have almost the same grammar rules. You of course can study Classic Arabic immediately, but then you must take a study in that category. Standard Arabic can be learned at far more accesible courses. The only thing you have to do then is study Classic Arabic dictionaries and Grammar.

The 2 only differ in possibilities of meanings, not in grammar or use.

I suggested it to show you an easy way to learn it. They differ about 70%. so the 30% difference is easily learned through studying the dictionaries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: