Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuttals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam Dr. Shabbir,

You have a very unique, effective and refreshing style. I'm sure none else would acknowledge that Robert Spencer does indeed come across as "personable" and that as you've said in one of your posts, their Islam-bashing is better than other attempts.

While I understand that you may not wish to continue on with the project of making a full fledged professional presentation for the rebuttal given the unfortunate lack of interest:

But none else would do such a remarkable job as you. I think it would be great if you could continue on with what you are doing right now and just give a point by point rebuttal of the accusations on your blog.

They are a very useful source of learning for all of us - forever, and it will be a great source of benefit for the many silent readers of your blog who may not always respond with comments and suggestions.

W'Salaam

Faizan, President of Muslim Student Association, Dayton, OH

------------------

Thanks for the motivation, dear Faizan!
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should you continue?

ABSOLUTELY!

Nasim Khan
--------------------------------

OK, dear brother!

Thanks
Annas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam Dr. Shabbir,

I wish I could help you in your project but I am just a college kid and my knowledge in Islam pales in comparison to the insurmountable wealth and information that you have gained about Islam through your entire lifetime.

It has been a little less than a year since I begun my Islamic studies and the quest for truth. I certainly have a very long way to go. I will continue to learn from you and other great thinkers like you. I fully support you in this project and I pray that Allah gives you and whoever else working on this project, victory.

All the best and be well Very Happy

-Annas
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Annas,

You are still too young. In-Sha-Allah you will learn a lot with time since you have started early.

Then, there is no alternative to sincerity and motivation to learning. You have both. This will take you to glorious heights, In-Sha-Allah.

Dear Annas, I have made the job easy for youngsters like you by writing small reader friendly books which you have.

Your ambition to help is such a noble ambition. Noble ambitions and intentions never go unrewarded from the Almighty's Court.

With a million du'as for you,
Naushad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear uncle Shabbir,

Thank you for working hard on the rebuttal. We briefly talked about producing short video lectures. I feel it would be really great if we can start with this rebuttal effort and convert it into a video that can be posted to YouTube. I think all your hard work put into this rebuttal definitely needs to be porpogated more widely by publishing and distributing it as a video on the Internet.

Please let me know what you think. I can help you with publishing it to YouTube if you decide to spend time to convert it into a video lecture.

Best regards,
Naushad.
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, dear beta Naushad!

May Allah reward you!

Smile
SE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Shabbir,

Your efforts are an inspiration to us all. I’ve been silently reading and following your blog. You rebuttal has been very informative. I’ve been pointing people to your website. Your efforts are not going unappreciated.

Thank You,
SE
Annas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam to all,

Just an idea. I think a script for a potential video should be written. Everything from the text (including the rebuttals), to the placement of words, audio queues, and images should be prepared and outlined. Unfortunately, since we don't have the means right now to start producing a video, we could focus on making an outline and script that we can later implement once the filming resources are available to us. Obviously we would need to wait until Dr. Shabbir finishes his rebuttal (which I hope he can continue), and sort out the other details later on. What does everyone think about this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: