Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuttals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrazik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Rebuttals Reply with quote

Respected Dr. Sahib

Your rebuttals are indeed effective but I don’t think it will stop the attackers from attacking the visible Islam which depends upon Sunnah, Hadiths, History, Imams, Sufis, Sectarian Scholars and lastly upon Quran; and practiced by majority of Muslims.

These professional Islam bashers will attack and run; and will not wait for the answers or responses. I don’t think they are ignorant of Islam or misguided individuals, rather their selection of Quranic Ayahs and further distortion its meaning to suit their purpose and narration of so called “historical” events, shows the depth of their study and malign intent.

Sir, it is not that Ummah is sleeping, it had already awakened from the sleep but inertia of stagnation of centuries will take at least few decades to revive and realign with the Quran. Meanwhile ‘institutions’ like you must not loose heart and keep the ‘Beacon’ alight so that ordinary individuals like me keep on aligning themselves with “The Quran” only.

Thanks & Regards,

Razi Khan
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Razi Bhai,

I said in the beginning that the purpose of the rebuttal was educational for all.

I was trying to fulfill my duty. You know that false propaganda increases hatred against Islam and some Muslims get disenchanted with the Deen.

Our objective from day one has been to SHOW WHAT ISLAM IS and WHAT ISLAM IS NOT.

The video by CNN et al afforded a good chance to that effect. But if Muslims are interested only in violent street protests and nothing intellectual, my hard labor becomes unnecessary and unjustified.

Hence, the rebuttal has been stopped forthwith.

If you think that the Ummah is awake, it is good news for me.

MUJHAY FIKR-E-JAHAN KIYUN HO
JAHAN TERA HAI YA MERA - Iqbal

[Why should I worry about the world, is it mine or Yours, (O God?)]
mrazik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Dr. Sahib

Your rebuttal is serving its purpose without any doubt, although may not be at that scale or rate of those producers of the Video but It is certainly helping those persons who are interacting rather confronting with Islam bashers at their personal level among acquaintance or colleagues.

Number of Islamic channels and TV programs and its popularity, number of Islamic website and number of surveys showing increased percentage of attendance in Masjids reflects that Ummah has awaken but tragedy is that they are under spell of N2I Scholars.

But soon the majority will realize the inherent contradictions of N2I, will fed up with the fabricated sectarian history of N2I and will give up “Islamic Jurisprudence” based upon whims and opinions of Imams and Sufis. It is just a matter of time, so don’t let your Beacon extinguished by the prevailing apathy towards real Islam among the majority of Muslims. Your knowledge and guidance is required and will be required by ordinary Muslims like me.

Just few days (5 or 7) back your site was showing 423 numbers of registered users but today it was showing 527 numbers so don’t be disheartened.

Sir, I would request you to please let the person / persons, like Saudi Scholars who debated with you about the Mahedi and Second coming of Jesus and accepted that these are not Quranic concept, acknowledge themselves about the corrected understanding at your site. This would help fence sitters in accepting the correct view, like one of my friend to whom I recommended to go through your blog in this regard asked whether it could be confirmed by the Saudi Scholars also or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Razi Khan
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear brother Razi,

At this time you have my initial script against a finished product, a professionally made video. We did have the plans to move in stages and finally create a first class video based on this very informative script.

But seeing the complete lack of interest among the somnolent Ummah, I have decided not to tax my time, health and labor in futility.

The Sheikhs of Saudi Arabia speaking out the truth openly or even giving out their names!? Please forget it in a country with iron curtains.

Thank you for the encouraging remarks! But, dear brother, the new forum has killed the magnet we had with the extremely user friendly, clear, open to see, unique old forum.

577 registered viewers as of today is nothing. We used to have a hundred posts and thousands of viewers per day. The old forum became technically impossible to sustain. You know, new technology is replacing the old one rapidly. Think of the almost obsolete audio/video cassettes vs CDs and DVDs, MP3 and IPOD.
Kate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: rebuttals Reply with quote

Dear Dr Shabbir and all

If the participants in this film really believe this about Islam, then I'm not surprised they agreed to take part in the film - who would not wish to alert others and to protect himself against such aggression? As for the motives of the producers, hmmm....

Dr Shabbir has done a superb job of refuting all the claims made. The task before the rest of us is to spread the rebuttal and proclaim the message of N1I and, as ever, the question is - how? Like many I'm sure, I am guilty of sitting back whilst others (especially Dr Shabbir) do the hard work, find the references, write the rebuttals, etc, etc. Dear readers, ask yourselves - if Dr Shabbir had not written these rebuttals, would you? I can honestly, if ashamedly, answer that I would not have. All of us who are grateful to Dr Shabbir for his dedication and for all his help in so many ways, have to realise that he is not going to be around forever and even whilst he is around, the tasks are too many to be carried out by him alone. I'm not just talking about the rebuttals here.

So what do we do? This is where I get rather depressed because I do not know the answer. There have been suggestions that a counter-film be made, that a rebuttal be put on You-Tube, ... but who will actually deliver? Is it naive of me to think that CNN and the rest might welcome an invitation to produce yet another film, one where N1I might be portrayed by some of the Our Beacon members? Of course 'we' would have to have control over the final version - I'm well aware that film-makers edit and distort to suit themselves. Or are there monies to fund some newspaper advertisements inviting people to visit the website and learn for themselves?

A huge 'thank you' to Dr Shabbir.

Kate
Kate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr Shabbir and all

Is it naive of me to think that CNN and the rest might welcome an invitation to produce another film, 'Islam - what the whole world needs to know', where members of Our Beacon present N1I?

Kate
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Sister Kate,

You forgot us! How are you doing?

Of course, we cannot expect CNN to do anything for us. I am disappointed at the snoring Ummah. Some friends submitted great ideas for us to do, but only to the point of rhetoric.

Should I continue with the rebuttal on the blog?
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Sister Kate,

Thanks for the very kind words!

The rebuttal is only less than 20% done. I had already arranged the cameraman and tech logistics to further the plan for making an excellent video and youtube but I feel dejected at the general apathy of the Ummah - not a word of advice or comment for 48 hours until now!

May Allah bless you and the family!

Shall I continue with the rebuttal and our plans?
Kate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salam dear Dr Shabbir!

It is easy for me to say: 'Yes, of course you should continue with the rebuttal and your plans' - it is not I doing the work! I can understand your feeling dejected and exhausted, you take on such huge tasks, which would drain anyone.

That said, if you have the time and can find the energy, then do please continue. None of us has the right to expect you to continue but many of us have the audacity to hope!

God bless

Kate
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I understand that you approve the five parts done so far, respected Sister Kate!

Please do not worry about me. I will take my time and do it at ease.

In-Sha-Allah, the final results will be good and educational for all.

If any suggestion or advice comes across, kindly do share with me.
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilal, Australia

Your rebuttal is excellent. You have very valuable knowledge which we all need.

Rebuttal to Islamophobes is only valuable in that it increases the knowledge of those who want to know. The idiots will not learn as they are deaf and blind but others will learn.

Your email came late so I could not reply before your deadline. Do not be impatient with the Muslims please.

We all feel that we are addressing the air but that is not so. Years after something is written we sometimes get positive feedback.

I wish I had come across you before.

Wassalam

Bilal
Melbourne Australia
-------------------------------------
Dear brother Bilal,

Thanks for your kind remarks!

I cannot complain about the response to my books, CDs and newspaper columns. Perhaps, our website and forum are not user friendly.

Last edited by Dr. Shabbir on Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Faeza Samnakay

Salams to you and your family uncle Shabbir,

I have just caught up with reading the rest of the rebuttal. I once again will state that it is indeed very precise and to the point. Well done. It will make an excellent impact for those who approach it with an open mind.

The rebuttal clarifies the key sticking points....

1. The Quran does not promote injustice.

2.The rebuttal clearly identifies that those who promote injustice in the name of Islam are "criminals of Islam and humanity". This is good as it clearly defines the line of where we stand.

3. Wars were fought in self defence and not as an act of active aggression. Quranic verses quoted to promote the right to self defense, but never injustice or aggression.

4. Clarification that violence against non muslims is a non Quranic concept.

5. Non muslims quoted very aptly to lay forward the positive aspects of the Quranic Islam and Islamic history.

Uncle, I think the way you have presented the counter argument is superb. The only suggestion I can make is perhaps a general call towards the Quranic approach to all muslims and non musilims alike, if they wish to see Islam from a different perspective.

Take care.

Faeza, Australia
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email

Dear Dr. Shabbir Sahib,

Please go ahead with the rebuttal as planned. You are best suited for this job. Others can't do it because they are part ignorant part scared. Who has the knowledge you have?

And that will be a great deed, insha Allah.

Dr Faiz Irfan
--------------------------------------------

Sir, these are words too kind that I may not deserve.
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email from UmmAimon

Salam Shabbir Bhai,

I read the rebuttals and I think no one could have done a better job.

Regarding the need for it... I think it's helping already many people who are looking for answers but only those can learn who visit the site.

There are many more who go to the google movies site and don't know where to look for the rebuttal. So I think the question is not if you should continue with the rebuttal.

There is no reason why you shouldn't continue. The idea is for more people knowing about it - how to increase the viewership.

I hope some of the members with technical know how can come up with a quick answer to this. I think perhaps all that needs to be done is to direct people through a link or something to go to the site to read the rebuttal.

One thing I know for sure ... No effort ever goes waste... and specially the path you are toiling on, Allah has more reward for you than anyone can imagine.

My Salam to the family, and please take care of yourself,

best regards

UmmeAimon
-----------------------------------------------

Thanks and may Allah bless you, respected Sister!

I am placing your email under rebuttals on the forum without permission. That's where it belongs.

After a silence for 48 hours, now phones and emails are pouring in that the rebuttal must continue.

You are such a source of inspiration for your grateful brother.

Wassalam, Fi Amanillah,
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email from brother Mubashir

Dear Sir, AA

So far the rebuttal is excellent!

We do value your time and effort.

To continue with the rebuttal, in a written form, in order to save time, you may want to pick the most glaring misunderstandings/distortion from the "What the West needs to Know about Islam" and reply to them only. Highlighting the diffence between Qur'an, hadith and history, like what they are quoting that is not in the Qur'an , the difference between the verses revealed in Mecca and Medina (one tolera nt, othr militant) , the allegation that only Guarantee the Muslims have to Paradise is through shahadat, etc. You may have other issues as well.

Just a thought.

Hope the above response could be summarised in a 10-15 minute video that can be uploaded to Youtube and Google (the future of educational material).

Mubashir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: