Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turkey: radical revision of Islamic texts-Crumbling Hadiths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quasim Hamdani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Turkey: radical revision of Islamic texts-Crumbling Hadiths Reply with quote

In this article we begin to see the revision of the Hadith literature by the Turkish academics. I think this level of scrutiny will rapidly erode this literature to oblivion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7264903.stm

Quasim
matinbhagat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Salam Reply with quote

Although Turkey is currently a secular state, it has an overwhelming muslim population. In light of all the current governmental efforts to reinterprete hadiths and also to adapt understanding of islamic texts to the modern era, i believe there is a small glimmer of hope that someday Turkey might actually become one of the first few nations to create the perfect synthesis between western rationalism,freedom and democracy with quranic moralities and economic system.Although, this is just my guess, mankind is surely headed towards the path we are meant to take...and news like this helps keep the drive to strive as some results are taking shape.

Peace
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace,

I already am saying for 2 years to friends, Turkey will be the country that will start the movement on a large scale.

6 months ago I was invited to have a debate with a Turkish Imam concerning several Islamic subjects. So I agreed and went to the debate. I had my points ready to corner him as for example; stoning, pre-destiny, hitting wives, democracy, hadith authenticy and so on.

I started with that it is impossible all Hadith were correct in Bukhari and Muslim, he cut me off and started laughing. He said he believes only a minority of hadith he sees as authentic, he believes people have tempered with the original collections as the Bukhari collection was only used a 100 years after its release. I was stunned, I asked him where he had got this idea from. He said this is what they teach us at the Imam schools in Turkey, but he also used his own head he said.

He also rejected stoning, saying it contradicts the Quran and logic. He rejects pre-destiny, hitting wives and so on.

There was no debate left   Very Happy

From that moment on I knew it had started.

41:53 In time We will show them Our signs in the utmost Horizons and within themselves, so that it will become clear to them that this Qur’an is certainly the truth. Is it not enough for them to know that your Lord is
Witness to all things (including this proclamation)? [9:31-33, 13:31, 14:48, 18:48, 41:53, 48:28, 51:20-21, 61:9]
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al-Hamdulillah!

HUMBLY SPEAKING, OURS WAS THE FIRST EVER CALL TO EXPUNGE FORGERIES FROM THE HADITH LITERATURE.

Respected friends,

You may read again THE CRIMINALS OF ISLAM and ISLAM KE MUJRIM (Urdu) by Shabbir Ahmed, M.D. written in 1999 with 6th edition printed in 2007. You will notice that ours was the first ever call to governments of the Muslim countries for closely examining the Hadith literature and expunge the forgeries.

The English version of the above mentioned two books which has been translated into many languages by now, was sent to the governments of all Islamic countries for them to take proper action. We knew that the clergy would only serve to block the movement instead of helping the noble cause. You can also see in the new editions of these books the Pakistan Court's decision in our favor when the Mullahs formed a coalition and strove hard to get these books banned.

Thank God for enabling Ourbeacon to do this humble service to Islam! How about other countries following suit sooner or later?

Congratulations to all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: