Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WORST DICTATORS TODAY - ASAD HUSNI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: WORST DICTATORS TODAY - ASAD HUSNI Reply with quote

Cont...
Musharraf figures in worst dictators' list
Monday, February 12, 2007
Blog this story Blog this story

Islamabad: A widely circulated US magazine has listed President Pervez Musharraf as one of world's worst dictators, moving him up two places to No 15 this year.

The listing drawn up by Parade magazine, distributed with most newspapers in America, is based in part on the basis of reports by international human rights organisations and the US State Department, the Daily Star said in a report from Washington.

The perceived severity of the regime is also taken into consideration while finalising the list. The Pakistani leader was No 17 last year but has moved up two places to No 15 this year.

On top of the list stands Omar al-Bashir of Sudan, followed by Kim Jong-Il of North Korea, Sayyid Ali Khamenei of Iran, Hu Jintao of China, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Than Shwe of Burma, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Islam Karimov of Uzbekistan, Muammar al-Qaddafi of Libya, Bashar al-Assad of Syria, Teodoro Obiang Nguema of Equatorial Guinea, King Mswati III of Swaziland, Isayas of Afewerki of Eritrea, Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan, Choummaly Sayasone of Laos.

Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia, Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, Paul Biya of Cameroon and Vladimir Putin of Russia.

Hasni Essa
Peace & Pluralism
Arnold Yasin Mol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the comments given below the article, enjoy Very Happy

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2006/edition_01-22-2006/Dictators

Dictator
By irb on 2/11/2007 3:19:PM

Bush is a dictator of a Republican Party. Yes, he is the head of a "democracy," but he has started a war without United Nations approval, without consensus of United States populus approval or opposite constituent approval, and has taken advantage of a control of Congress. He has control of military and intelligence services. His advisory positions have ended up in resignments before conflict (Rumsfeld up front). Even with a Democratic Congress, he still has the power to do whatever it takes to continue to war. Let the people of America BEWARE and understand the facts!
Your 10 Worst Dictators No 20 Putin , the Blble quotation . "the last will be first
By Steven K. Bundonis on 2/11/2007 10:56:AM

He Vladimer Pution is the Evil Emprire and the Axis of Evil. All of the OTHER Balance 19 Countrise are all Socerlist. The old Bible quotation the Last will be First, And are out to distroy our free Enterprise system, Called our" REPUBLIC" Sincerely your Mr Steven K. Bundonis 92 Montgomery St Piscataway NJ 08854
World's 10 Worst Dictators? NO
By JayNC on 1/23/2007 6:40:PM

What a lot of nonsense and prejudice. How does the Khameni make the list, whereas Mubarak is absent? Iran actually has elections, and the current Iranian president was elected in one. Here is a description in Wash Post of what the Egyptian dicator has been up to: Mubarak did the opposite. He did use fraud and violence to control the presidential and parliamentary elections. After they were over, Nour was again arrested, and he was sentenced to prison on patently bogus charges. and... Mubarak canceled scheduled parliamentary elections. His security forces violently broke up protest demonstrations. Opposition leaders, from members of the Muslim Brotherhood to pro-democracy bloggers, were arrested and tortured. Nour's appeals were denied.
Dictator no; totalitarian, yes.
By PointlessPeasant on 1/4/2007 8:18:AM

I agree with the people saying that Bush is no dictator. Firstly, he WAS elected (so was Hitler, but let's not get into that). We might blame the corrupt Supreme Court for letting him win in 2000, but we have only ourselves to blame for the 2004 election. Secondly, Bush is nothing but a fun-loving trustfund kid who's in way over his head. The closest thing we have to a dictator is slick **** Cheney. A good argument can be made, however, to call the US government totalitairian, as they have decided for us that Palestine freedom fighters are terrorists, which is the basis for the reason nearly everybody in the world hates us. Oh yeah, and as for the guy saying that Iran tortures people, so does the CIA, dimwit. Read a newspaper sometime.
The worst Dictators?
By jmarini on 12/31/2006 7:45:AM

By uphilme on 11/29/2006 9:12:PM George Bush should be in the top 5. Look how many people he has killed. The writer of this is definitely a left-wing idiot. Even to suggest that Bush is a dictator and killed so many, is the most moronic accusation I’ve ever heard of. The death toll in Iraq is around 3,000. Wow. Big number. Just with America, lets take a look at JFK and Johnson during Vietnam. 60,000 + were killed. I don’t agree with Bush and how he is handling the war on terror, but I’m using common sense and thinking before I write. By Jmarini on 12/31/2006
Two Types of People in the World
By TheHerowithnoFear on 12/18/2006 11:02:PM

One, BUSH IS NOT A DICTATOR. The definition of a dicator (from this very article) is a head of state who exercises arbitrary authority over the lives of his citizens and who cannot be removed from power through legal means. Now, Bush does not exercise arbitrary authority (confused by what that means? - look it up in the dictionary, if you know how to read one), and he CAN be removed by legal means. Its called IMPEACHMENT. Or did none of you nay-sayers of Bush ever learn this? Nah, you all just probably trusted the words of Kerry and the other lefty idiot leaders. Too bad for you. Living under a terrible tyrant like Bush in a country where NO ONE has ANY freedom must be TERRIBLE. I tell you what. I heard Iran is a great country to live in. People get tortured and you know what - they have no freedoms at all! I know, sounds like a great place to live huh?
Cultural Imperialist Yankees
By cultural_imperialist12 on 12/12/2006 3:13:AM

You Yankees seem to think you live in the perfect world. God Bless America, the Utopia on Earth. Tell me, what's wrong with a "dictator" destroying political dissidants? If you oppose a country's political structure, then its treason under any law. In America if I tried to overthrow democracy, you think the CIA will just sit their fat american asses there and do nothing? Americans sitting on their computer desks 10s of thousands of kilometers away would probably not know the suffering people have felt under American intervention e.g Iraq. Dictator No.1 George W Bush Dictator No.2 Rice Dictator No.3-No.200 million-ish "the entire American population" Then perhaps the following list
The worst Dictators?
By uphilme on 11/29/2006 9:12:PM

George Bush should be in the top 5. Look how many people he has killed.
READING COMMENTS
By DONQUIJOTE1819 on 10/22/2006 11:44:PM

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT SO MANY PEOPLE WNT TO DEFINE PRESIDENT BUSH AS A DICTATOR. I CAN TELL THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN UNDER A DICTATORSHIP, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD HAVE THINK TWICW BEFORE SENDING THEIRS COMMENTS
TEN WORST? PERHAPS ELEVEN,. DID YOU REALLY MISS THE FIRST ONE?
By DONQUIJOTE1819 on 10/22/2006 11:33:PM

FOR 47 YEARS FIDEL CASTRO HAS BEEN DIRECTING THE LIFE OF EVERY CUBAN, A FEW NON CUBANS AND SO ON, ENRICHING HIMSELF ON THE SWET OF THE CUBAN PEOPLE AND THE MONEY OF EXTERNALS CONSENT BYERS,HAVE THOUSANDS OF JUSTICED IN HIS BACK AND EVEN MORE SUFFERED AND SUFER PRISSON ON HIS WILL AND YOU DID NOT EVEN MENTIONED HIM? WHO WAS PAID FOR THAT OMISSION?
Do we really know the truth?
By Quiet1 on 10/18/2006 9:50:PM

Everybody has their opinion about George W. Bush, but there are few who dont know the truth and asume the truth from their perspective. While people grow up they hear different stories of the past presidents from their fathers and mothers and those stories are engraved into their minds. also were do people get their facts about something or someone. dont get me wrong and i have nothing against some press, but sometimes you hear stories that are way out of proportion. becasue it did not sound interesting enough to that certain type of press. And its sad these days when you watch the news now all it is is sadness about someone dying or some horrible accident at a factory. so were i'm getting at that the united states of america has it easy and we dont fully understand by law we have minium wage law; right? yes we do also we have freedom of speech; yes we do. We also have a goverment were are president is elected in and the only reason they get elected in is by us the people of united states. some people think that these votes are rigged and we dont know that for sure. So do we really know the truth or are we assuming the truth?
American style dictatorship
By GregoryW on 9/29/2006 6:34:PM

The idea that Bush is a dictator is close but not exactly what is going on in the American brand of fascism. In the USA we have a two-party dictatorship rather then a one-party dictatorship. The heads of the dictatorship change frequently in order to keep us confused into believing that we don't live under dictatorship. However, the grip that the two-parties have over the political system is dictatorial. The two-party dictatorship controls the process by propaganda that elects industrial-military-corporatists to head the nation. Whether they are psuedo-Democrats like Clinton or psuedo-Republicans like Bush, they really represent the corporat interests and only have differing corporate interests that swing back and forth. With his quiet war on Iraq and other such human rights issues, Clinton never backed real Democratic values. With his expanding the government buracracy and huge deficits Bush doesn't back real Republican values. Yet the voters go along with the sham that we are electing leaders who represent ideals when all they really represent is the giant corporations. That is the nature of the two-party dictatorship and US fascism today.
cool
By awesomechick on 9/7/2006 9:56:AM

i think this article is awesome. i've had much fun readimg it. keep it up.
Deranged Left
By billy on 8/6/2006 11:41:AM

I am no Republican nor a fan of the current president but enough is enough. He was elected by the populace twice, despite those who wish they could prove otherwise, and has taken our enemies and the enemies of the world to task for their actions. The right wingers and the conservatives believe that America is the best country in the world. The leftist believe America will be the greatest once we become like every other nation and confiscate property, firearms, abandon capitalism, and induce reforms to stop free speech and free thought. Those who claim the president is a dictator lose all credibility. Maybe they should move to Cuba or China and see what freedom and dictatorship really mean.
Home IS where the hurt is!
By c_mantey on 7/23/2006 9:55:PM

We need not look beyond our country's borders, to see that we've got a hum-dinger RIGHT HERE. Shrub is the most outrageous, dangerous piece of wack-0 (for the presidency?) that this country has ever seen. And when I say DANGEROUS-he has made a mockery of democracy, if anyone still remembers what it is all about. We've never been so close to so many wars and are stuck in a futile effort over in Iraq. Where did America go-the place I was so proud to come back to from overseas? I want to love my country again. We should just SWEEP out the White House!
So was Khamenei
By tranquility on 6/4/2006 3:35:AM

In regard to the last post, if you claim Bush was legally elected to the office, so was Ali Khamenei (as stated above). It's the actions that make Bush a dictator. Don't believe me? Read for yourself. http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/archives/cat_dictatorship.html
Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
By pastormaker on 4/13/2006 6:02:AM

I find it wonderful that on April 12, Condileeza Rice, U.S Secretary of State, stood beside Parade's dictator number 10--Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo-- and declared him “a good friend.”. But since President Mbasogo happily sells oil to the U.S while transferring the hundreds of millions of dollars in proceeds into his private American bank accounts, while his people survive on less than a dollar a day, I guess he would make a good friend.
Council on Foreign Relations
By RevolutionJim on 4/12/2006 3:53:AM

George W. Bush is definitely part of a dictatorship, as was Bill Clinton. Secret Societies rule the U.S. and the world. There are no honest elections on the planet! Our leaders are not listening to us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: