Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice beneath the palm tree

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khalique1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Voice beneath the palm tree Reply with quote

This question is regarding the birth of Jesus

19:24 : A voice came to her from beneath the palm-tree, “Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a stream beneath you.”

In this verse Mary(pbuh) hears a Voice,

Who's physical Voice is it?

Why does this voice come from beneath the palm-tree.?

My understanding is that since this voice has a physical direction , that means it is a physical voice. This voice definitely it cannot be of Jesus, because he was just getting born. Then who's voice it can be?

If anyone has a good answer for this, let me know.
khalique1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is my question valid or does it makes sense.

or am I asking a simple question which i dint understand?

I just want to know, If that voice is of Allah , then why does it have a physical direction?
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19:24 A voice came to her from beneath the palm-tree, “Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a stream beneath you."

28:29 And when Moses had fulfilled his term, and was traveling with his family, he saw a fire on the slope of Mount Toor of Sinai. He said to his family, "Stay here. I have seen a fire. I hope to bring you some information from there, or a burning torch, that you may warm yourselves."

28:30 But when he came close to it, he was called from the right side of the valley in the blessed field, from the tree, "O Moses! Certainly, I am God, the Lord of the Worlds." [27:7-8]

17:85 (O Messenger) they ask you about Rooh (the ‘Spirit’, Revelation, ‘Soul’). Tell them, “The ‘Spirit’ is Divine Energy from which free will has been given to humans. Revelation is from your Lord's World of command, of which you have been given little knowledge.” The ‘Soul’ is your own ‘self’. [Rooh = ‘Spirit’ = ‘Soul’ = Revelation = Divine Energy = Angel of revelation. ‘Spirit’ and ‘Soul’ are non-Qur’anic terms. Only for their popular use, I have tried to describe them according to my best ability. Nafs (meaning Self) in the Qur’an comes closest to these two terms]

Khalque Saheb, please note that we have been given little knowledge about WAHI or Revelation.
khalique1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best answer to the question, how the voice of allah has a physical direction from the tree, will be that The tree mentioned in both the verse of Mary as well as moses is not a physical tree.

Because allah also tells to adam not to go near the bad tree. May be the tree reffered in moses story is the good tree, which is the allah's message. Bad tree must be referring to devils message.

Any other thoughts?
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for asking a question and then replying it yourself! I enjoyed it Smile

Your answer is based on conjecture, so please consider this chapter closed.

Finally, always spell Allah with a capital A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> Q&A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: