Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Martyrdom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanasyed77

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Martyrdom Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Sahib, Assalmo Alikum, I hope you are fine. I do read your blog regulary and enjoy your website and books. I was wondering If you could kindly help in the matter of understanding the concept of Martyrdom.IS the concept of Martyrdom is Islamic?If it is then what is consider Martyrdom? Nowadays whenever some is killed, he or she is called as being Martyr. Is there a certain criteria for becoming a Martyr. Do people who get killed in accidents are consider Martyr, or do you have to be in war to become one? If one has to be in a war to become a Martyr, then what is the criteria of a war as nowaday every one claims to be in war scenario, politically or region wise. If a muslim kills another muslim in suicide attacks are the fatalities consider Martyrs?Could you please help me understand the concept as it is very confusing for me.Thank you
Wasalam
Sana
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sister,

The common term SHAHEED for martyr is not used in the Qur'an in that sense. SHAHEED means witness.

MAQTOOLEENA FI SABEELILLAH are those who lay their lives in the Cause of Allah. It doesn't have to be a war only. For example, if someone loses his life trying to save a person, he would be one of the MAQTOOLEENA FI SABEELILLAH, you may call him a 'martyr'. Or, if a person dies while immigrating in the Cause of Allah, he or she would be among MAQTOOLEENA FI SABEELILLAH.

People dying of many causes like cholera, fever, diarrhea, drowning are wrongly called SHAHEED in fabricated Ahadith.

Kindly post your message once only and leave it open for anyone to answer.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> Q&A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: