Our Beacon Forum Index Back to Homepage
Our Beacon
Salamun alaikum!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW DEFINITIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohammed Rafi

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: NEW DEFINITIONS Reply with quote

It seems that the West is realising that Islam is not just another 'ism' and they have picked the wrong path and wrong perception of right guidance.
MOHAMMED RAFI

Muslim Heretics Conference [Shabbir doesn't like the title. It will only alienate most Muslims.]

A Celebration of Heresy Conference: Critical Thinking for Islamic Reform

Home About Arabic Articles Books Conference Contact News Title WebCast

May 16, 2008

FOXNews.com - Terror Terminology - Oliver North | War Stories
Filed under: News — ftaslimi @ 12:33 pm

FNC

Louisville, KY — The term “politically correct,” is defined by the American Heritage Dictionary thus: “Of, relating to, or supporting broad social, political, and educational change, especially to redress historical injustices in matters such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.” Add to that litany of “historical injustices” the title of my New York Times bestseller: “American Heroes in the Fight Against Radical Islam.”

In recent weeks, the vocabulary police opened a new front in the War on Terror by issuing a list of “do’s” and “don’ts” for terrorism terminology. In an effort to fight a “kinder, gentler” war on Islamic radicals, the Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in consultation with unnamed Islamic interest groups, has issued a paper entitled, “Terminology to Define the Terrorists: Recommendations from American Muslims.”

This policy document warns U.S. government officials against “using theological terms, particularly those in Arabic even if such usage is benign or overtly positive. Islamic law and terms come with a particular context, which may not always be apparent.” Homeland Security’s paper counsels: “It is one thing for a Muslim leader to use a particular term; an American official may simply not have the religious authority to be taken seriously, even when using terms appropriately.”

In other words, we infidels have no “street cred” in the Islamic world.

We are told that we should no longer use words and phrases such as “jihadist,” “Islamic terrorist,” “Islamist,” and “holy warrior.” Using the word “Islamic,” the experts have advised us, may “concede the terrorists’ claim that they are legitimate adherents of Islam.”

At best, this advice is seriously flawed. At worst, it is an ominous recipe that invites defeat, for it begs us to ignore who it is that has declared war against the West in general — and the U.S. in particular. The authors urge us to disregard the first axiom of war: if you don’t know your enemy —- you will lose.

In an interview with Bernard Lewis, the dean of Mideast scholars, for FOX News’ “War Stories,” he contrasted the way we fought fascism during World War II with the current conflict. He said, “Then we knew who the enemy was. We knew who we were. Nowadays…we have great difficulty in defining the enemy. We have to be careful not to offend anybody. We don’t even seem to be able to define our own cause, let alone the enemy’s. This kind of uncertainty makes it very difficult to carry on any sort of struggle.”

Unfortunately, the DHS policy paper — drafted with the help of anonymous “influential Muslim Americans” — not only makes the current struggle more difficult — it is also riddled with outright falsehoods. The document states, that “The civilized world is facing a global challenge, which transcends geography, culture, and religion.” That statement defies reality. We didn’t label Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, Jamiyah Islamiyah and Mahdi Army murderers — to name just a few of the groups I have seen in action – “Muslim holy warriors” — they did. We didn’t call their savage suicidal bombing campaign an “Islamic jihad” — they did.

The Homeland Security document insists that “Islam and secular democracy are fully compatible — in fact, they can make each other stronger. Senior officials should emphasize this positive fact.” That “positive fact” simply isn’t. Save for Iraq and Afghanistan where U.S. troops have become the protectors of Muslim women and nascent representative political institutions, there is no Islamic majority country where “secular democracy” flourishes. We didn’t create these realities — Muslim leaders did.

Reality has little to do with this new wave of political correctness — and it goes well beyond this new DHS policy document. Muneer Fareed of the Islamic Society of North America told the Washington Times that he has contacted Senator John McCain’s office to urge him to “rethink word usage that is more acceptable to the Muslim community.” Mr. Fareed is upset that McCain consistently refers to “radical Islamic extremism.”

In London, the British government’s Home Office has advised government officials that they should use words such as “violent extremism” instead of “terrorism.” When fanatics carry out horrific attacks on innocent civilians in the name of Islam, the perpetrators should be referred to as “criminals” instead of “terrorists.”

Not to be outdone in the political correctness department, the European Union has come up with guidelines on how to talk about terrorists who are literally dying to kill us. It warns that, “Unintended stigmatization resulting from an ill-considered choice of words may have serious negative psychological effects and thus contribute to the process of radicalization.” In other words, it’s all our fault.

If we succumb to this kind of mindless mumbo-jumbo and double-speak to describe the Islamic radicals who are trying to kill us, we’re courting uncertainty and defeat. Or, as one very politically incorrect soldier put it plainly during a book signing this afternoon, “we’re screwed.”

Oliver North hosts War Stories: The Desert War on the FOX News Channel, Monday, May 19 at 3:00 a.m. ET.

[Dear brother Rafi, a brother like you is too long and unclear, full of words and short on substance. SA]
Mohammed Rafi

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Dr. Sahab
You have a better understanding of people .I have lived all my life in Pakistan and have travelled abroad occasionally. Since last year I have lived in UK and Canada and have found that the situation here is even worse than Pakistan. I was expecting people with more understanding and a better grasp of human values and religions. I wanted to interact with people to get through the real message of Islam as I have understood from guides like you, Pervez sahab and other enlightened Muslims; but sadly very few are willing to listen. Forums are generally monopolised by the same faces on both sides of the Atlantic. The situation is not very encouraging. I have been writing for DAWN since 1999 but feel that readers have already made up their minds about Islam. The N2I suits the majority. We cant get rid of HADITHS and wrong historical concepts.
I am confused.

Mohammed Rafi
Toronto
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear brother Rafi,

Do not get disheartened. We know N2I is still dominating the Muslim world but things are much better than they were 10 years ago.

50 million Muslims have turned to the Qur'an but they are dispersed.

Our job is not to burn Hadith, rather it is to neutralize it like our books have done.

Kindly, always write to the point. No one reads long, confusing posts.

Where are you these days?

Thanks, dear brother!
Nadir

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: some thoughts. Reply with quote

Salam-o-Alaikum to All

Best wishes with regards to the production of a film as rebuttal to theirs and congratulations upon completion.

Whole week i have been trying to figure out the purpose of their effort, and in short for me it is the annihilation of beard and hijab in small batches.

And last 48 hours (after watching
Maruice Abdullah's recommended movie) Here @ "namibian.com.na" Ah!

I am for the Quranic Islam and My wife and kids are N2I, but while we carry on living life, i see the dents in their beliefs. Time and commitment is all what is needed.

What else is needed is a sound card "plug in play" with a microphone, A digital camera "1 in each 30 homes in USA" some light and action.

Save the file, want to be fancy edit it, with text, images, animations, background music, slides, etc.

I know not USA :) busy learning and teaching in walled city in Namibia.

Ourbeacon still is and has been for years a unification point.

Carry on, your efforts be my beacon.

Lab pay Aatee hay Dua ban kay Tamanna Meree.
Dr. Shabbir
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Nadir,

Your sincerity is much appreciated.

Allah will help us.

Last edited by Dr. Shabbir on Sat May 24, 2008 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Shoaib Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Funds Reply with quote

5/24/08

May Shoaib Ali be well!

We haven't heard from him.

SA
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dr. Sahab,

What would you suggest is the best way to raise these funds?
I am always here to help within my capacity.
I can buy more books or send cash.
please advise.

Wasalam

Shoaib Ali
Quasim Hamdani

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Shabbir has clearly laid out the costs for producing the video to rebut the outrageous and slanderous presentation of Islam in the video titled “Islam: What the West needs to Know”. While the presentations in the video are polite and professional, the content is sharp and piercing.

For these rebuttals to end up in a video format, this community has to undertake fundraising for this endeavor. Feeling pious and enlightened is a right of every human being, translating that enlightenment into action is really what matters, and there is no better opportunity to act on than the one staring at us right now.

Dr. Shabbir has done an extraordinary job of writing the rebuttals that we have all read and benefited from. It is going to require additional effort to convert the content in these rebuttals into a formatted video presentation. It has been estimated that $30,000 are required to produce a quality video. Therefore our goal is to raise $30,000

I will present four options for to achieve our goal:

1) Buy books from www.ourbeacon.com
2) Donate money, any amount, to this effort
3) Participate in an online auction by donating items for this auction. The proceeds from this auction will go towards the video making expenses
4) Hold community fundraisers in locales around the globe

Friends it is time to get off our duffs and start to make a difference. Please contribute other ideas as you think of them.

Quasim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Beacon Forum Index -> General Discussions and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: