It is high time that women take to the streets to raise voice against the suppression of their rights in our society. The march’s real purpose was to develop awareness of this suppression on the international level. The theme got hijacked, like so many other things, in a country dominated by the mobs of idiots and ignorant.
Following is just a small list of all the inequities that have been going on against the female gender (female bodies) over all the years.
1. Favoritism towards the male gender over females in society.
2. Wife beatings by failing to make perfectly round roti.
3. Harassment of women in the street.
4. Rape and murder of the female gender of all ages.
5. Murder of women in the name of “Honor killing”
6. Divorcing wives for not bearing a male child.
7. Non-equitable distribution of inheritance
8. The preferential opportunity of education given to the male children by some ignorant families.
9. Numerous village girls exchanged like cattle for blood money to free their brothers.
10. Sexual abuse of girls by their relatives and even house servants.
11. Wife killing due to “Not enough dowry”
12. Acid attacks by men because of not complying with their whims and wishes.
13. Harassment of female employees at the workplace.
14. Forced to live in an abusive marriage because of inequitable divorce laws and social pressure.
15. Forced marriage to older men - the list goes on and on.