Let us argue ~ suppose the abrogation of verses IN Al-Qur’an was true, then it means that Allâh makes mistakes and forgets what He reveals, (As- tagfirullah!) because He still leaves the abrogated, cancelled, useless, and worthless verses in the Qur’ân! [Please check the references of the ayat!]
We say: Allâh has not made mistakes, never forgets, and can never make mistakes [20-52; 23-62; 19-64]; and Allâh did not leave abrogated, useless, cancelled and worthless verses in the Qur’ân!!! Allâh has made sure of that by revealing more that 25 verses wherein He states clearly that He alone will explain ~via Tasreef,~ His Qur’ân, and not anyone else so as to protect His message from being corrupted and manipulated as is the habit of evil people.
Our proofs from Al-Qur’an are the following:
1. The following verses make it clear via Tasreef that 2-106 is explained by the following ayât of Al-Qur’ân:
Al-Qur’ân: 16-101 (substituting of one revelation for another); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 13-38/39 (each period is a book revealed); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 21-2 (a renewed message); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 7-157 (allowing of certain things that were previously not permitted) ~ Al-Qur’ân: 3-93; 5-4 (relating to food unbanned); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 62-9; 7-163/166; 16-124; (the day of assembly was changed from Sabt to Jummah); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 2-178/179; 5-45 (choice of retaliation/ forgiveness for harm done); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 2-142/145 (refers to changing of the Kiblah / direction); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 22-34; 5-48 (to every peoples Allâh appointed certain Laws and Rites for His celebration). ~
Al-Qur’ân: 3-50; 4-160 (Nabi Eesâ was given some changes from Nabî Mûsâ’s At-Taurât in Al-Injíl. The most important information that was recorded in Al- Injíl was now proven as decisive ~ i.e. the information of the coming of Prophet Ahmâd in Al-Qur’ân 61-6, another name of Prophet Muhammad.
Al-Qur’ân: 61-6; “And remember, Eesâ, the son of Maryam, said: “O Children of Isrâeel! I am the apostle of Allâh (sent) to you, confirming the law (At-Taurât) (which came) before me, and giving glad tidings of an Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.” but when he (Eesâ) came to them with Clear Signs, they said, “This is evident sorcery!”
2. We reminded him that as an Arabic scholar he should know better that the word ayât has many meanings. In the context of this verse it can only refer to messages of previous scriptures as the many references of verses quoted in 1 support this.
3. As an Arabic scholar he should have known better than to argue about abrogation as the words uĥkimat (11-1) and ĥakama (3-7) forbids that any verse of Al-Qur’ân can ever be abrogated or corrupted. Allâh in His infinite wisdom made sure that no inaccurate understanding be thought of when one understands 15-9, and the words uĥkimat and ĥakama, and the 25 ayât which declares in no uncertain terms who will explain the Qur’ân ! We then had serious doubts of his claims of understanding the Arabic language and his sincerity of truth.
Meanings from: Lane’s Lexicon Vol. 3 pp. 616 and 617:
~ Ĥakama inf. noun of ĥukum – prevented, restrained, withheld him from acting in an evil or corrupt manner ~ Qurân Ch. 11 v. 1: kitābu uĥkimat āyātuhu (a book whereof the verses are rendered valid)
UĤKIMAT – “by arguments and proofs (Bd), or by command and prohibition and the statement of what is lawful and unlawful (TA), or disposed in a sound manner (Ksh, Bd) with respect to the words and meanings (Bd), like a building firmly and orderly and well, constructed (Ksh), or prevented from being corrupted (Ksh, Bd) and from being abrogated (Bd), or made to be characterised by wisdom (Ksh, Bd), as comprising the sources of speculative and practical wisdom (Bd); And hence one says of a man such as is termed ĥakim (wise)”
4. Every ayâh is pertinent and applicable in a given situation, and never is any ayâh cancelled or made redundant! The problem is that the knowledge of the person making these foolish claims is deficient, so to circumvent his deficiency he makes such a claim of kufr!
5. Allâh’s knowledge is all encompassing as HE states in the following ayât and any intelligent believing Muslim will submit to this without question: ~ Al-Qur’ân: 10-61 (He is Witness to everything each one does, and knows the least little atom in the heavens and earth); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 21-4 (Allâh knows every word spoken in the heavens and earth, and is All aware); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 19-64 (Allâh never forgets); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 2-29 (Allâh’s Perfect Knowledge); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 23-62 (complete record is before Allâh); ~ Al-Qur’ân: 20-52 (All Knowledge is with Allâh, everything duly recorded, He never forgets, never errs) ; Al-Qur’ân: ~ 3-29 (He knows what is in your hearts, in the heavens and earth)! Allâh’s knowledge is beyond us!!!
After we had proved to him that the ahadîth had no authentic basis, in a last ditch attempt he went to the extent of stating ~ what proof did we have that the Qur’ân was authentic?! In other words he was now questioning the very foundation of his own belief without even realizing it. It also implied that he did not truly believe that Al-Qur’ân was Divine revelation. This is the extent many go to challenge the authenticity of the Divine book. However Allâh knew that this would be the case so in anticipation He has already stated the following challenges to all of humanity in His Divine Book: ~ Al-Qur’ân: 4-82: 2-23; 17-88; 10-37; 15-9; 41-41; 11-13; ~and the unknown information revealed 1400 years ago that is now being uncovered makes it even more authentic today.
Al-Qur’ân: 38-88: (Allâh declares) “And ye (mankind) will certainly know the truth of it (all) (i.e. Al-Qur’ân) after a while.” (cf. Al-Qur’ân: 41-53)
Examples: the truth of the scientific facts, ~ the big bang fact Al-Qur’ân: 21-30; ~ the moon and the sun follow exactly computed orbits Al-Qur’ân: 55-5, 13-2; 36-38 & 39; ~ the moon is reflected light Al-Qur’ân: 10-5; ~ the detailed process of creation of human beings in the womb Al-Qur’ân: 23- 12 to 14; ~ the male is responsible for the gender of the baby Al-Qur’ân: 75-39 ~ expanding universe 51-47; ~ everything created in pairs including in the vegetable kingdom Al-Qur’ân: 36-36; 42-11; 43-12; 53-45; ~ the body of Pharaoh will be preserved for all time as a sign for future generations ~ Al-Qur’ân: 10-92; (whereas the Bible states in Exodus 14-28; that the body of Pharaoh was never found) ~
Many ‘Alims’ may argue that one has to go to an Uloom to study to understand the Qur’ân otherwise we ‘ordinary’ people will not understand. That is not true as in: Al-Qur’ân: 54-17; 22; 32; 40: (4 identical verses in 1 chapter) “[Allâh declares] ~ And We (i.e. Allâh) have indeed made the Qur’ân easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?”
Examining the statements of the sheikh the following questions arise:
1. Are the Darul Ulooms teaching their students that the Qur’ân contains abrogated, redundant, useless, worthless and cancelled verses? Is it at all acceptable to believe that Allâh will reveal verses that He will cancel and make redundant in his Finalized Perfected Message (Al-Qur’ân: 5-3; 2-2) and still leave them in His book; through His Final Messenger (Al-Qur’ân: 33-40)?
2. Is it taught that certain ahadîth can over ride Qur’ânic verses, and to add Arabic hadîth words to Qur’ânic ayât to justify what they want to project?
3. Is it taught that people that do not attend the Ulooms are not competent to understand the Qur’ân?
4. Are they aware of the following verses in the Qur’ân which state who are the Ulama?
Al-Qur’ân: 35-27/28: (Allâh declares) “Seest thou not that Allâh sends down rain from the sky? With it We then bring out produce of various colors. And in the mountains are tracts white and red, of various shades of colour, and black intense in hue. And so amongst men and crawling creatures and cattle, are they of various colors. Those truly fear Allâh, among His servants, who have knowledge (i.e. Ulâmâ / scientists): for Allâh is Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.” ~
Allâh informs mankind that those who study the order and structure of nature of His creation are the Learned or in Arabic the genuine Ulâmâ. (Definitely not those who study traditions of man in the Ulooms!)
5. Are they aware that there are hundreds of verses in the Al-Qur’ân appealing to all human beings ~ not only Muslims ~ to study the Qur’ân? (Refer: Al-Qur’ân: 2-123; 9-122; 7-158; 34-28; 21-107; 16-63; 41-41)
6. Are they aware that the word îlm ~ knowledge ~ with its various derivatives appear more than 800 times in the Divine Book, and it is an obligation for every person, Muslim and non Muslim to study the Divine Book?
7. Are they aware that there are more than 700 verses pertaining to science which encourage mankind to study nature?
There are hundreds of untruthful sayings attributed to the Rasûl of Allâh in the ahadîth books, yet very few ‘learned persons’ will condemn them. The following references can be followed up to prove my point: “Bukhârî~ Vol 8 hadîth number 816; Vol 3 hadîth number 885; Vol 1 hadîth number 301; Vol 7 hadîth number 030; Vol 1 hadîth number 298; Vol 1 hadîth number 299; Vol 7 hadîth number 590; Vol 7 hadîth number 252, 253, 254; Vol 9 hadîth number 130; Vol 6 hadîth number 209, 203; Vol 4 hadîth number 421; Vol 5 hadîth number 546; Vol 1 hadîth number 098; Vol 5 hadîth number 224; Vol 1 hadîth number 331; Vol 5 hadîth number 224; Vol 6 hadîth number 242; Vol 8 hadîth number 571; etc. Muslim’s ahadîth: References- 0389; 2071; 0747; 2516 etc ~ (Reference: A Study of the Qur’ân by Mohammed Abdul Malek, ISBN 0 953090701 ~ email ~ email@example.com)
ALLÂH strongly condemns those who do not judge according to His Arabic Glorious Qur’ân!
Al-Qur’ân: 5-44: ……. [Allâh declares] “…if any do fail to judge by (the light of the Qur’ân) what Allâh hath revealed, they are (no better than) kafîrûn (unbelievers).”
Al-Qur’ân: 5-45: …… [Allâh declares] “…and if any fail to judge by (the light of the Qur’ân) what Allâh hath revealed, they are (no better than) zâlimûn (wrong-doers).”
Al-Qur’ân: 5-47: ….. [Allâh declares] “…if any do fail to judge by (the light of the Qur’ân) what Allâh hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who fâsik’kûn (those who rebel).” (Numerous similar verses of warning abound in Al-Qur’ân)
: The unbelievers have always made these spurious allegations against all the messages of Allâh, i.e. revelations: at-Taurât, al Injîl and al Qur’ân as sorcery, magic, poetry etc- ~ refer to the following: Al-Qur’ân: 51-52; 7-109; 10-2; 38-4; 40-24; 52-29; 69-42; 43-29; etc. 10-82: (Allâh declares) “And Allâh by His words (i.e. Revelations) doth prove and establish His truth, however much the sinners may hate it!”