Blind Following: A Prohibition in Islam!
“Does Islam teach/support blind following?”- That question arises in every evolutionary mind. On one hand, it is practiced at high scale in “so-called” Muslim countries and on the other hand, reputation of that myth got momentum due to the efforts of critics. First of all, we must know about the source of law in Islam, and then Islam may be judged by that source. What is the source of law in Islam?? Here is the answer:
“Shall I seek other than God as a judge when He has sent down to you this Scripture fully detailed?” Those to whom We have given the Scripture know it is sent down from your Lord with truth; so do not be of those who have doubt.” (Al Qur’an 6:114)
By viewing the above verse, it is clear that the source of law in Islam is Qur’an and only Qur’an. That’s why no master is allowed to be followed beside Qur’an:
“You shall all follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and follow no masters other than Him. How seldom do you keep this in mind!”(Al Qur’an 7:3)
Islam and Blind Following: No Parallel!
“Does Islam teach Blind Faith?“-Answer of that question is “No” because of following reasons:
1. In Islam, we are told not to follow the religion of parents blindly (31:21, 2:170 and 5:104))
2. In Islam, we are told to verify truth ourselves (by using intellect/reason) before following it.(17:36)
3. In Islam, no conjecture is allowed to be followed (53:28, 10:36, 66)
4. In Islam, we are told not to follow crowd because majority of people follows just conjecture.(6:116)
5. In Islam. We are told to use the weapon of intellect to invite others towards the “Right Path”(16:125)
6. Allah urges us to use intellect/reason (Aql) and He doesn’t like those, who don’t use their Intellect.(8:22, 7:169 and 25:44)
Ask yourself, how can “blind following” be permitted in a system where nothing is allowed to be followed without the verification of its authenticity by individual themselves?? Therefore, Islam does not merely support that baseless propaganda but condemns it too. Now, it’s your decision to accept truth or to live in your own fantasy world…
“The truth has come to light, and falsehood has withered away. For, falsehood is bound to wither away.”
(Al Qur’an 17:81)