Dear Dr. Ahmad: A/A
My recent correspondence with you has been very educational for me. I would like to present a very brief summary of my thoughts below:
1. I truly admire the voluminous research work pertaining to Islam that you have been doing for the past several years.
2. My wife regularly reads your book "Qur'an as it explains itself" and frequently encourages me to read it too - which I do.
3. Like you, I admire Quaid-e-Azam and Allama Iqbal from the bottom of my heart.
4. Your compilation of more than 300 authentic Ahadith is outstanding. I have informed all my relatives and friends about it.
5. Imran Khan, our Pakistan's current Prime Minister is a breath of fresh air in the political arena. I regularly follow the events in Pakistan through You-Tube. He has won the hearts and minds of not only the Muslim world but also many other leaders of the world.
4. Presently, Muslims are way behind the Western countries, China, Japan and even Korea in the fields of Technology, Science, Industry, Medicine, Health, and Education. Those of us who have settled here in America and other western countries should encourage our youngsters to excel in education and actively participate in the political and social arena of the adopted country.
5. Regarding your very strong criticism of Maulana Maudoodi. Other Ulemas like Israr Ahmed, Ameen Ehsan Islahi, Javed Ghamidi etc, who also disagreed with him did so without any strong remarks.
With very warm regards,