Who revealed the Qur'an if not God?
The skeptics come up with much conjecture and accusation. For example:
1. “Muhammad was a lunatic.” But how could a lunatic possess the profound knowledge, a glimpse of which you are about to see?
2. “Sorry, he was a liar.” Show me in the Quran some of the lies he told.
3. “No, he was a deluded man who sincerely believed in his delusions.” Then he was not a liar. Show me one delusion in the Quran.
4. “Oh, someone tutored Muhammad.” Did this tutor have access to the 20th century technology? Did he possess spacecrafts, diver’s gear, electron microscope, the most advanced telescope, and modern archaeology equipment? Did he master history, geography, sociology, astronomy, physics, chemistry, psychology, anthropology, zoology, botany, embryology, all modern science, the Bible and other Scriptures, all, all that in the 7th century?!
5. “Let me take that back. It was written by the devil.” Well, is the devil mightier than God? Why don’t we find any contradictions in the Quran, then? Can the devil even think of such a benevolent Message as the following?
2:190 God does not love aggressors.
5:2 Let not the hatred of a people lead you to transgression ... Help one another in acts of collective benefit and righteousness, and do not help one another in deeds that hurt humanity and in creating a wedge between people …
5:8 … Be upholders of justice for the sake of God as witnesses to the truth. Let not the hatred of any people move you away from justice. Deal justly. That is closer to being upright …
13:17 The real existence on earth is of the person or the system that benefits humanity. (Paraphrased)
41:34 Since good and evil cannot be alike, repel evil with what is decent.
59:9 … They (the true believers) give the needy preference over themselves, even though poverty be their own lot. And whoever is saved from greediness of the heart, such are the ones who truly prosper.
76:9 (They do all this selflessly) saying, "We provide for you for the sake of God alone. We want no return from you, not even a word of thanks.”
These are just a few examples out of hundreds that we find in the Quran. Could these be the devil’s teachings?
Could the devil tell us to begin his book in the following manner?
(I seek refuge with God against devil, the rejected. Please note that the devil or Satan is no extrinsic entity. It is the human ego or selfish desire that rebels against Divine commands).
6. “Oh, sorry again! ‘Koran’ is nothing but deception and it is loaded with mistakes.” Would you oblige me by pointing out one place where it deceives? Or, tell me a single mistake that you are aware of?
7. “Well, it denies the Sonship of Jesus Christ.” Is that a mistake or a powerfully documented and logical disagreement with the Pauline Doctrine?
Conclusion: Many of our Muslim and non-Muslim friends are well aware of the position the Catholic Church has taken in the late 20th century: “All Christian theories promulgated about the origination of the Quran during the last 14 centuries have proven to be false.”