Common mistakes in π Ramadhan:
1. Drinking "rooh afza" on a daily basisπΉ
- Why: It contains high amounts of sugar, additives and colarants
- Solution: If you have to, drink it twice a week maximum
2. Drinking large amounts of water at iftaar time
- Why: Filling the stomach with water is more strenuous to it than with food.
- Solution: have a few sips at iftaar then a glass after every two hours.
3. Exercising directly after iftaar.
- Why: the body's blood flow is concentrated around the stomach at that time.
- Solution: Exercise after two hours of eating to ease digestion.
4. Chewing and swallowing food fast.
- Why: chewing food slowly can speed up digestion and help maintain your weight
5. Having dessert directly after iftaar
- Why: they make you drowsy and sleepy π΄
- Solution: leave at least a two hour gap between iftaar and dessert to stay fresh and awake for ishaa and taraweeh prayers
6. Consuming foods with high amounts of sodium
- Why: Sodium triggers thirst through out the fasting hours of the day
- Solution: instead, eat foods that are high in potassium, they retain water and supress your thirst.
# Bananas are high in potassium. A banana at Suhoor time can control your thirst level through out the day.
# Best sources of potassium for Suhoor time:
- bananas π
- milk πΌ
- avocados π
- dried peaches π
- pumpkin π
- dark chocolate π«
# Worst choices for Suhoor:
- fast food in general
- cheese π
# Best choices for Suhoor:
- whole grain bread
- banana π
Please do not keep this reminder to yourself , share with your loved ones