What You Should Do to Prevent and Tackle Cancer
Cancer is something we all dread in our lives, but as the old adage goes, knowledge is power, so it’s better to inform yourself than bury your head in the sand should you ever have to face such a serious battle. To start off, let’s look at some of the facts associated with the disease:
10 Key Facts About Cancer
1. Every person has cancer cells in their body.
These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When a doctor informs a patient that they have no more cancer cells in their body, it means that there are none of a detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong, cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person is diagnosed with cancer, it indicates that the person had/has nutritional deficiencies.
This could be due to genetics, as well as environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. Chemotherapy involves poisoning cancer cells, however healthy cells can also be affected.
One of the big downsides is that the treatment can cause organ damage.
6. The radiation associated with chemotherapy can also cause burns and scarring, as well as damage to healthy cells, tissues, and organs.
7. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size.
Prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not tend to result in more tumor destruction.
8. When the body’s toxicity becomes too high due to chemotherapy and radiation, the immune system can become severely compromised, or even be destroyed.
This leads to other infections and complications.
9. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy.
Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
10. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding them with the foods they need to multiply.
Lifestyle Changes You Can Make to Prevent Cancer
1. Forget about sugar substitutes.
These usually contain Aspartame, which is harmful to the body. Great natural alternatives include very small amounts of Manuka honey or molasses.
2. Replace regular milk with unsweetened soy milk.
Milk consumption makes the body produce mucus, which cancer cells feed on. Cancer cells can be starved when switching to soy milk.
3. Replace your red meat intake with white meat and fish.
A meat-based diet is acidic, so it’s best to eat fish and white meat instead. Cancer thrives in an acidic environment.
4. Ensure that 80% of your diet consists of fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruit.
This will help to create an alkaline environment in the body.
5. The remaining 20% of your diet can be cooked food.
6. Beverages with high caffeine content should be avoided.
Drink green tea instead of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. It has cancer-fighting properties.
7. Drink purified water. This will help you avoid heavy metals and toxins contained in tap water.
A handy way of making water alkaline is to squeeze fresh lemons into it.
8. Take supplements to build up your immune system.
Supplements such as IP6, Flor-ssence and Essiac, together with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Taking vitamin E supplements, for instance, causes apoptosis, or programmed cell death, which is the body’s method of getting rid of damaged or unneeded cells.
9. Cancer is a disease of mind, body, and spirit, and it must be fought accordingly.
Proactivity and positivity are crucial for preventing and surviving cancer. Anger, bitterness, and resentment make the body more acidic, which allows cancer to thrive. Do your best to be in the best state of mind you possibly can.
10. Make sure your body is full of oxygen.
Oxygenate your body by exercising daily and breathing deeply. This will allow you to get oxygen all the way down to the cellular level, helping to destroy cancer cells.
BONUS: Microwave No-Nos That Can Cause Cancer
1. Putting plastic containers in the microwave.
The combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxins, which are poisonous, cancer-causing chemicals, into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Glass or ceramic containers are much better alternatives.
2. Putting water bottles in the freezer.
Freezing plastic bottles with water inside of them releases dioxins from the plastic into the water.
3. Microwaving something covered in plastic wrap.
Plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.