[2:177]: Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is:
(1) one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and
(2) gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves;
(3) [and who] STAND TO PRAY (OR STAND IN PRAYERS)
(4) and gives zakah;
(5) [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise;
(6) and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during stress. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.
Righteousness is not doing a physical act as the first line describes so clearly, so why then would the Quran direct you to do a physical act if salat is such a thing?
Do you just stand in prayers? Or do you do stand up for what you learn:
64:16 So, be mindful of God [DUTY TO GOD/fear?] as best as you can. Listen and obey, and spend your resources on others for the benefit of your own ‘self’. Whoever is saved from the greediness of his own heart, it is they, they who will be successful.
stand up for someone or something,
to take the side of someone or something;
to defend someone or something