By:*Arif Shamim, CEO Ourbeacon
Date: Monday, 8 February 2010, 11:18 am
In Response To: Ourbeacon Mission Statement (*Arif Shamim, CEO Ourbeacon)
Here is the OURBEACON POLICY once again (devised in 2005 by the SHURA, Advisory Council, of sincere and knowledgeable Muslims, revised in 2006 and 2009).
- Please use a recognized name. Anonymous use of the Forum is not permitted.
- Our Beacon is NOT a “public” forum.
- It is meant only for those who would honor the Shura-devised Forum Policy.
- We reserve the right to deny or delete any post.
- The Moderators will determine the eligibility of a post.
OUR MOTTO & MISSION:
*International Justice and Peace.
*Denouncing Extremism and Terrorism in any form.
*Conveying the Peaceful, Non-violent, Human-friendly and Benevolent Message of the Qur'an.
*Showing clearly what Islam is NOT.
- We do not wish to become a wayward Website under the pretext of ‘freedom of expression’.
- For the sake of uniformity, please always use QXP for your Quranic references. http://ourbeacon.com/?page_id=11605
- We refuse to be swayed by the “modern” as well as orthodox deviations from the Final Revelation of God.
- Our Beacon is only an educational facility. It is neither an organization, nor a “public” forum for people to vent their frustrations or push through their agendas or straying ‘convictions’.
- Posts that are hateful, sarcastic, are too long, argumentative, written in all capitals, will be denied.
- Messages that attempt to belittle Prophet Muhammad (S), other Messengers, Sahaba Kiraam, Ka’bah, Makkah, Madinah, Masjid, will not be entertained.
- The rampant man-made, clergy sponsored, extremist, Mullah-peddled, counterfeit, Number Two Islam (N2I) is a scourge of humanity. Therefore, it is strongly discouraged. Some deviations are purposely allowed on the Forum to highlight what Islam is NOT.
- Ahadith and History that are irrational, contradict the Qur'an or deride the exalted Prophet and Sahaaba Kiraam, will be rejected.
Sincere thanks from the Advisory Council.