thanks for that
Uncle Shabir has written a great article about the Zeebah thing.. just can't find it at the mo...
5:3 Forbidden for you (2:173) for dietary consumption are:
- Any Animal that dies of itself.
- The flesh of swine.
- And anything (not just meat) that has been dedicated to any other than Allah (such as an idol, grave or saint).
- Any Animal that has been strangled to death.
- Beaten to death.
- Dies by falling from height.
- Gored to death by horns.
- Animal eaten by a wild animal unless you are able to slaughter it while it is still alive.
-That which is sacrificed on altars (devotional stones or blocks in shrines considered sacred).
The carnivores thing could be from this verse....
5:1 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! Fulfill your pledges and obligations. Permitted for you is the flesh of every beast that eats plants, except what is specifically forbidden in the Book. Allah has ordained that all hunting is prohibited during Hajj. Verily, Allah Ordains as He deems fit.
This was only for a short time
6:146 For those who are Jewish, We had prohibited some edibles, such as animals with undivided hoof, the fat of the cow and the sheep, except that which is carried on their backs or on their intestines, or what is mixed-up in the bone. But that was only a temporary retribution for their disobedience
my conclusion.. if its not specifically mentioned up there... and its not a carnivore animal.. It should be good to eat... do advise if I am missing something here..