The Wisdom of Will Rogers
* Don't squat with your spurs on.
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier 'n puttin' it back in.
* If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
* After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.......The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
* Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
* There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
* Never slap a man who's chewin' tobacco.
* It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.
* When you're throwin' your weight around, be ready to have it thrown around by somebody else.
* The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
* Never miss a good chance to shut up.
* There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading.The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.