Jesus Among The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors
November 2nd, 2009 by Dr. Shabbir
Christianity, de facto better called the Pauline Doctrine, revolves around a few dogmas: Trinity, Virgin Birth of Jesus, Crucifixion, Blood Atonement, Ascension and Second Coming of Jesus. But almost every Christian remembers by heart the core belief given in John 3:16.
Gospel of John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
You may find it astonishing the Jesus is in good company. He is not the only Crucified Savior; there are many others! Kersey Graves wrote a very interesting and popular book, “The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors”.
Virgin Births And The Crucified Saviors
On close examination of history, we find Jesus Christ in good company. Contrary to popular belief, Jesus shares some astounding similarities with many figures that were worshiped centuries before he appeared. It is incredible that even Christians are unaware of the SIXTEEN CRUCIFIED SAVIORS this very planet has been worshiping, and all of them were supposedly born to virgins. Jesus happens to be only one of those sixteen. Most definitely, the New Testament writers were influenced by the then circulating myths of the dying and reviving Sun-gods. Does Jesus represent the Sun-god? (Christianity before Christ - Kersey Graves)
Here is a brief resume of these Saviors:
Adonis - Syria
Apollo - Rome
Astarte - Carthage
Attis - Phrygia
Baal - Babylon
Bacchus - Greece
Balder - Scandinavia
Buddha - India
Hercules - Rome
Horus - Egypt
Jesus - Israel
Krishna - India
Mithra - Persia
Osiris - Egypt
Serapis - Alexandria
Yu - China
* Osiris was the Sun-god born to Virgin Ceres.
* Krishna - Lord Krishna (Chrish-na) of India was the 8th Avtar of India (1200 BC). His
Virgin Mother Devaki had been overshadowed by the Holy Ghost (Naraan) of the Supreme God, Brahma.
* Serapis of Alexandria was born to Virgin Isis.
* Buddah was supposedly born to the married but Virgin Maya.
* Mithra the Sun-god of Persia belonged to the Church of Nativity (He too was supposedly born through ‘Immaculate Conception’).
* Attis of Phrygia was born to Virgin Nana.
* Jesus was supposedly born to Virgin Mary through Immaculate Conception.
* Hercules, a prominent mythical figure of the Sun-worship cult, was born to Virgin Prudence through Immaculate Conception.
* Bacchus was the Only Begotten Son of Jupiter through Virgin Semele. We also find historical references to the Grecian Crucified Savior, Bacchus Son of Virgin Minerva.
* The Sun-god Balder was called the Healer the Savior of mankind. Virgin Frigga conceived him of the All Father, Odin.
* In China, the Sun-god Yu was born to Virgin Shing-Mon, like all others, through Immaculate Conception.
Born in Stables or Caves
The make-believe birth of Jesus in a stable is no co-incidence. Astrologically speaking, at the time of the birth of the sun on Dec. 25th (as in the case of these ‘Saviors’ including Jesus), the constellation directly under the earth is that of Capricorn. This constellation is known as the Stable of Augeus, the famous Augean Stable in relation to Hercules. (Burrit’s Geography of the Heavens)
Now, with extremely slight variations, here are the astounding similarities:
* All of them were supposedly born to Virgins.
* Their date of birth has been claimed to be about the same i.e. Dec 25 which is related to the birth of the sun in Astrology. So is the birth of the Sun-god according to the Sun-worship cults, around Dec 25.
* All of them were born in the isolation of caves, stables or barns.
* They toiled in sweat and blood for humanity.
* They were the “Alpha and Omega”.
* All of them were God-incarnates.
* Most of them had twelve disciples.
* Most of these figures were betrayed by one of their own disciples.
* They were called Healer, Mediator, Light-bringer, Sin-Bearer, Savior, Deliverer, Anointed, and Messiah.
* All of them were called “the Lamb of God” that would carry the sins of mankind.
* They were vanquished by the “powers of evil and darkness”.
* They washed the sins of humanity with their own blood.
* A “Passion” story is common to them.
* All of them rose again from the dead.
* They died on Friday before Easter Sunday.
* They rose from the dead on Easter Sunday.
* They had weeping virgins coming to their graves.
* Their graves were found empty.
* They mysteriously vanished from the earth going to the underworld or hell.
* Then they ascended to heaven.
* Churches and temples were built in their name.
* People were received into their religion by Baptism.
* All of them were commemorated by eating the God (Holy Communion, Eucharistic meals or Lord’s Supper: “This bread is my flesh; eat it - This wine is my blood; drink it.”)
* They were supposed to come back on earth once again. (None has)
* The birth of all Sun-gods was announced by a bright star. (In case of Jesus, see Mathew 2:9)
Further Points Of Interest
The three wise men following the bright star are called Magi in the Persian and Hindu paganism, and given different names such as ‘The three enlightened, guided, bright, inspired, unique, high ones’ in other cults. The origin of all the ancient Sun-gods is astrological, and not divine. (Burrit’s Geography of the Heavens)
The concept of Madonna and the Child most assuredly came from Alexandria where the Virgin Mother Goddess and the Child Redeemer Horus had been worshiped centuries before Jesus Christ.
Virgin Mother suckling her Child is a very common figure in the Mithraic monuments.
Goddess Hertha was commemorated as a Virgin with Child in the old Teutonic days.
Zoroaster was born in 600 BC of Immaculate Conception to a Virgin by a ray from the Divine Reason. (Malcolm’s History of Persia)
Pagan literature (The “Sky” Scriptures) is full of such “Divine” mythologies and leaves no room for doubt about the origin of the Church mysteries. St. Jerome, Tertullian and other early Church fathers admit: “Mithraism and Christianity are identical in all but name.” (The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors - Kersey Graves)
Jesus was only taken as a substitute for Apollo of Rome - The same Immaculate Conception and Virgin birth, the same Birthday, the same Baptism, the same Eucharist, the Passion story, the Lamb, the same Descent into hell, Resurrection and Ascension, Atonement, the same Festivals, Easter-day merriments, hot cross-buns, eggs, “Sun-Day” the Day of the Sun, the same philosophy and phraseology. How many “sames” can I put in? (Primitive Folk - Elie Reclus)
Since the Apologia of Justin Martyr, the Christian clergy have been trying to dismiss these Sun-gods as representing the Devil, except Jesus. Unfortunately for them, undeniable historical and archaeological evidence survives to date of the existence of these cults and their temples. Still, if all these Crucified Saviors are identical in every respect, and all of them predate Jesus by centuries, we will have to admit plagiarism by early Christians, or conclude that the Supreme God and the Devil are identical as well. (The Sources of Christianity - K. U. Dean)