Forwarding message from PAKPAC
The Pakistan American Public Affairs Committee ( PAKPAC ) www.pakpac.net is organizing an event called United States and Pakistan Enhanced Partnership - Role of the Pakistani American Community on Tuesday Oct 20th 8:15 AM , at the Rayburn House office Building Room 2247 , Capitol Hill Washington DC.
On behalf of PAKPAC I would like to invite you to this event. Please register for the event using the following link. Registration is free , but you must register in order for us to make appropriate lunch and other arrangements.
Objectives of the event are:
· Get a clearer understanding of the implications of Kerry Lugar Berman bill for both US & Pakistan
· Inform US Administration Officials and Legislators about the work of Pakistan focused NGO’s, and to secure funding from USAID for NGO’s operations
· Highlight to US Administration Officials and Legislators specific needed projects in Pakistan
· Help USAID and other donor agencies identify NGO’s to partner with for economic assistance to Pakistan
· Inform US Agencies of the needs and issues faced by the Pakistani American Community
· Inform the Pakistani American Community as to how the US agencies are protecting the rights of Pakistani American community
· Develop strategy to educate and inform about the needs of each other
Details for the event are below. http://pakpac.net/DOH7DayPlans.asp .
Please feel free to share this with your friends.
Pakistani American Public Affairs Committee (PAKPAC)
United States and Pakistan Enhanced Partnership-Role of the Pakistani American Community
Tuesday October 20 th , 2009
Room 2247, Rayburn House office Building, Capital Hill , Washington DC
Showcasing the Pakistani American Community Supported Projects
Audience for this session: Pakistani American Community, USAID representatives, Members of the State Department, Office of Ambassador Holbrooke, Pakistan Desk Staffers from State Department, Staff and Representatives of House and Senate Foreign Relation Committees.
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT –Presentations by 5 NGO’s
EDUCATION BASED PROJECTS - Presentations by 3 NGO’s
HEALTH CARE BASED PROJECTS –Presentations by 6 NGO’s
FOR PROFIT PROJECTS –Presentations by 2 NGO’s
Concluding remarks by USAID & State Department Officials
Open Discussion with US Legislators on Kerry-Lugar Berman Bill
Confirmed participation by 5 Senators and 15 Congresspersons (awaiting confirmations from others)
Speeches by Dignitaries
Pakistani American Community Meeting with the US Agencies: Separating Perceptions from Realities
Presentations by Officials from Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, State Department, Department of Transport, FBI, TSA, USCIS & Others
Q & A