Dear Aalima Koki,
Please draw lessons from these stories.
Arif Shamim Sahib has briefly pointed out five beautiful feminine examples.
1. Umm Musa mother of Musa a.s.: See how resolutely she followed Divine command to place Musa a.s. in a basket and put it in the river.
2. The 12 year old Miriam sister of Musa: Miriam cautiously followed the basket from some distance and, to avoid suspicion, after waiting a sensible amount of time she entered the Pharaoh's palace.
3. Aasia the Pharaoh's wife: Confidently advised Pharaoh not to get the little baby killed, but rather adopt him as a son.
4. A daughter of Shoaib a.s.: She saw two maidens helplessly waiting to fill their pitchers with water and the arrogant men of the landlords were not allowing them close to the water well. Musa a.s. came forward and filled the pitchers for the girls and took them back to their home. (Hazrat Shoaib's house)
5. Queen Sheba (Bilqis) of Yemen: The Queen who had turned her kingdom into an earthly paradise, knew the importance of SHURA or mutual consultation.
Most viewers perhaps know their stories from the Quran.
The message in between the lines, or even incandescently, shows how smart, observant, intelligent, efficient and effective the girls and women really are.
Let us not be second rate citizens of the planet. Most of the women remain suppressed not only because of the environment that raises them but, more importantly, because of loss of self confidence resulting from this repression.
Respected Dr Shabbir Saheb once wrote that brother Arif Shamim has the ability to look around corners. Quite right and I consider it a blessing from Allah.
Dear Arif Saheb, we would like to see more of you please.