2:11 When it is said to them, “Do not cause disruption in the land”, they assert, “We are but reformers, setting things right.”
2:12 Nay, it is they who are the disrupters. But they fail to use reason.
The Pakistan PM, Yousuf Raza Gilani, has spoken to the nation yesterday. His speech was good but he missed what every politician, leader, writer, intellectual and media has been missing. They have been calling upon the nation to unite against the militants. This is an essential but abstract advice. No one is telling the people exactly what to do. They need clear, practical guidance.
- Armed forces cannot win the battle alone.
- Provide essential supplies to our gallant soldiers.
- Fly the Pak flag in support of the government and the forces at your homes and businesses.
- Help the displaced peaceful citizens as much as possible.
- Make it known that although the rehab efforts are insufficient but more facilities are fast on the way.
- All political parties, the government, NGOs and international institutions must immediately move to alleviate this developing humanitarian crisis.
- Let the slogan, “Pak Fauj Zindabad” be written on vehicles and buildings everywhere in the country.
- Share any crucial information with authorities.
- Report all suspicious activity.
- Do not shelter any stranger without scrutiny.
- Beware of the strangers in your neighborhood.
- Speak up against all violation of human rights.
- Educate the nation about the dangerous ideology of Taliban.
- Launching an ideological war against Taliban is the most important duty of our clergy, leaders, writers, media and intellectuals.
- Remember - Militants can be killed but not the ideology, however stupid and barbaric it may be. It can only be countered.
- Keep apprising Pakistanis of the lethal dangers these criminals pose to the society.
- DO NOT let people forget that it is the Taliban who initiated the problem by oppressing the innocent and necessitated the army action. Public memory tends to be short, hence, they might start blaming the Pak government and the gallant forces for the massive exodus of the innocent victims - unless constantly reminded.
Keep reminding people what the self-made Taliban “Shari’ah” means.
The Taliban Shari’ah:
- Everyone except Taliban is an infidel.
- Anyone helping the government must be beheaded.
- Burn all schools for girls.
- A woman can get out of her home only for pilgrimage.
- Any woman with her ankles uncovered must be subjected to 25 lashes on her bare feet.
- Same is the punishment for men who cover their ankles.
- Every man must sport at least a fistful of beard.
- Women must don the tent-style burka.
- Men must cover their head with a turban.
- Flogging men and women and stoning to death is a routine for whatever they think is a “moral crime”.
- Any barber shaving a man’s face must be beheaded.
- Kidnapping honorable people and law enforcement officials and beheading them is the gateway to paradise.
- So is suicide bombing which also grants them 72 heavenly virgins.
- Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs must pay the infamous “poll tax” or get executed.
- Temples of worship other than Masjids must be destroyed.
- Musicians, dancers, actors, singers, painters and artists must be hanged.
- Music and CD shops must be burned.
- Television must be outlawed.
- The film industry must be wiped out.
- Anyone repeatedly violating these rules must be stoned to death.
Tough realities of life have a sinister habit of becoming invisible or taken for granted. Therefore, THE MEDIA MUST CARRY ON WITH A DAILY REMINDER TO THE NATION.
Finally, the Pak government and political parties must tell the world of India’s hand in the chaos. Who is supplying the most sophisticated weaponry to the rag tag criminals? Information Minister, Rahman Malik has furnished irrefutable video and documentary evidence to the senate yesterday.